Friday, November 21, 2008

Do You Dream Of Wings?

I bet you sometimes dream of wings. When you close your eyes, can you see yourself with wings? Imagine the colour the shape the texture of your wings. Can you fly with them? Are they just for decoration?

No, don't just read these words. Close your eyes and feel your wings. Picture yourself. Where are you? What are you doing? Write and let me know. I'm just curious.
What about me? What do I see? Alright I'll tell you but only if you think of your wings first (don't want to jinx the experiment you see)…

…I see myself sitting upon a stone in a wheat-field gone to seed. I sit like Rodin's "Thinker". My wings are dark and leathery and torn. They encompass me in a parabola of shadows. The sun sits low and large and red upon the horizon.

What does that say about me? Maybe I played to much D&D as a child. Maybe it means something else. Oh well, at least it's picturesque!

No comments: